What is student work?

Student work is a temporary and occasional form of employment that can be pursued during the course of their education by:

  • university students,
  • secondary school students,
  • adult learners (part-time students),
  • elementary school pupils of age over 15, who enrolled in secondary school.

The purpose of temporary and part-time work is enabling students to gain work experience and additional income during the course of education.

What does student work look like?

Work via student service agency Mjob could not be simpler.

  1. Find a job on your own or choose among many job vacancies available here.
  2. Register and enrol in student service agency Mjob.
  3. Order a referral (special type of contract, provided by Mjob) and send it to your employer.
  4. After the work is completed, your employer company will calculate your working hours.
  5. Mjob will deposit your earnings and transfer the money to your bank account.

Can I work via student service agency if I am not a resident of Slovenia?

Yes, you can. You can get a student job also if:

  • you are a foreigner studying at a Slovene university;
  • you are a foreign student enrolled in a foreign university and are a part of the student exchange program in the Republic of Slovenia.